A family of four simply identified as The Eze’s, has lost their lives in a fire accident that was said to have happened over the night at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos.
Confirming the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Rasak Fadipe, Director of Lagos State Fire Service, said the accident happened about 2:48 a.m.
Fadipe revealed that personnel of the fire service got to the scene as soon as they got information about the fire. He stressed that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.
“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.
“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.
“Members of the family should always know the exit of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director added.
Residents revealed that the deceased woman of the family was pregnant, and that
the fire started after electricity supply was restored to the area.