PHOTOS: Buhari commissions Abuja light rail mass transit

The Abuja Metro will cover 12 stations within the metropolis.

A post shared by Newsroom Daily (@newsroomdaily) on

President Muhammadu Buhari today commissioned the first phase of the Abuja Light Rail mass transit at the World Trade Centre.

Buhari was accompanied by Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

The Abuja Metro will cover 12 stations within the metropolis. The completed phase 1 includes two lines, yellow and blue, with connections to Abuja Airport and the National Rail Line.

The project has been in the work for over 11 years. It was inherited at 63% completion, the remaining 37% was fast-tracked to completion by this Administration. The 45.245k rail line is the first of its kind in West Africa.

See Photos:

The Abuja Metro Station.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.