Below are 10 things VIO officials will check to determine if your vehicle is roadworthy.
1. Lights: You must have effective head and tail lights, Brake lights and turn signals must be in good condition.
2. Emission: The vehicle must have an exhaust emission system
3. Horn: Good working horns must be heard from a distance of 60 meters
4. Body: The general body of the vehicle must be in good condition
5. Number Plates: In both front and back, cars must have valid number plates.
6. Windshield Wipers: The wipers must be working effectively
7. Rearview Mirrors: Must be well located/positioned in order to reflect your rear view on the highway for a distance of 60 metres.
8. Tyres: Tyres must be in good condition, a minimum thread depth of 0.063 inches and not older than 4 years
9. Brakes: Foot Brake must stop your car within a distance of 8 metres at a speed of 32km/h. Parking Brake should be adequate to hold your car.
10. Other Accessories: This includes your jack, C-caution, extinguisher etc.